Welcome to the Starting School September 2020 Transition Page
We have 2 classes in Reception
Puffins (taught by Miss Saunders & Mrs Bason)
Choughs (taught by Miss Singh)
Starting School Reminders
You will have received an email containing this information on 31.8.20
We hope you have all enjoyed your bank holiday weekend and are making the most of the last week of Summer with your family ahead of starting school next week. We just wanted to share a few reminders for next week (7.9.20), and to confirm a few things.
- Please send your child in wearing full uniform from their first stay and play. This is to help their transition into school and so that they feel part of the school from their first day. Please remember to name all items of uniform.
- You may wish to send your child in with a bag containing spare clothes (plastic carrier bag also named please) in case they get messy during the school day or have any accidents.
- Please also send your child in with some named wellies that will remain in school to be worn when they learn in our outdoor areas, so that they don't spoil their school shoes and can access the outdoors whatever the weather.
- Please hand in a copy of a baby photo of your child for their learning diary, completed 'all about me' form (if not yet returned) and any completed green speech bubbles (sent via email after parent phone calls at end of Summer term) to let us know about any lovely learning experiences they have enjoyed over the Summer. It would be really helpful if these were brought in during the first week.
- Please also send in your child's Summer holiday diary with them on their first day. We are really looking forward to enjoying sharing these in class over the first couple of weeks and hearing about all the lovely things they have been up to!
- Any other completed forms still outstanding - please return these to the office ASAP.
- Your child will be given a named water bottle on their first day. This is to be washed each evening and sent in again each day filled with fresh water. This will be their school water bottle for the year that they can access throughout the day when at school.
- In week 3 (when the children are in full time), your child will bring home their named book bag including a named reading record and book (discussed during parent phone call). However, please continue to read to them during the first 3 weeks of school, and you may wish to record this in their reading record when you receive it. This book bag needs to be sent in with your child each day as they will need it for when we read with them at school.
- Please double check your drop off/pick up times for stay and play sessions in week 1 (whether your child is attending in the morning or afternoon) and please note that drop off/pick up will be from the bottom gate, where a member of our team will greet you.
- Just to reaffirm - due to government guidance, no parents/carers are allowed to enter the school building. This means that currently our usual 'open classroom' time at the end of the day will not be able to take place. On fair-weather days, we may be able to do some story times outdoors or wheel out our learning diaries so you can have a look through your child's book and and see how they're settling in, but we will confirm when this can happen closer to the time (please look out for our wipe boards sometimes displayed outside our classrooms with any parent notices).
- Lastly, please don't forget to check your child's class page on our school website which contains videos of us reading stories about starting school. You may want to look at these with your child ahead of next week if you haven't already, and you may want to practice trying on their uniform with them and talk about getting ready for school.
All of the above information is also displayed on our school website, under the 'Reception transition' tab.
We are also going to film a short video clip for your children, showing them the walk up to their classroom from the bottom gate where they will arrive next week. We will film this towards the end of this week when we are at school, and will send out the link via email.
We understand their may be some natural bubbles of worry over your child's transition into Reception, but please be assured we will take care of them and ease any of your child's worries too throughout the school day. We are really looking forward to meeting you all next week and getting to know you and your lovely children!
You should have all received your packs (most hand delivered on Friday 3rd July).
You will also have received an accompanying power point with You Tube links to watch our Starting School information videos.
Week beginning 6th July
We will begin making individual phone calls (in place of our home visits).
Week beginning 20th July
You have been emailed the letter that contains all the September transition dates and arrangements. Please also find attached below!
In the absence of being able to meet in person at this time, please enjoy our You Tube stories as a way of becoming familiar with our faces and voices!
Please also see additional videos and a welcome message from your child's class teacher on our Puffins and Choughs class pages.